|Friends list improvements: notes, remembering the information of offline friends, friend list syncing and backups, and a fubar plugin for it all|
|Category||Interface Enhancements Addons|
|Credits||Addon idea derived from FriendsFacts and CT_PlayerNotes. Module system is pretty much what ckknight did in PitBull.|
|Embeds||Ace2, LibStub, CallbackHandler-1.0, LibBabble-Class-3.0, Deformat, FuBarPlugin-2.0, TabletLib, DewdropLib, LibFriends-1.0, LibGuild-1.0, RosterLib|
|Betas||Ace SVN Zip|
It will remember information about friends and display it in your friends list while they are offline.
It also allows you to write short notes about these friends.
Type /auld for a (very minimal) command listing.
If you already use CT_PlayerNotes, load the game with both addons enabled, and type "/auld ctimport" to load its notes. (Due to the way CT_PlayerNotes stores its data, you will have to do this once for each character whose friends you have made notes on.)
Things this does better than CT_PlayerNotes:
- Notes can be set to display when a player logs on, and in tooltips for that player.
- You can have different notes for characters with the same name on different servers.
Things this does better than FriendsFacts:
- Has a "compact" mode, showing all the info on one line, and the note on the next.
- Colors class names in the friends list.
- Has options to adjust which bits of friend info get displayed.
- Has been updated for recent patches. Oh yes, I went there.
Auld Lang Syne is the name of a song, mostly sung around New Years Eve, whose opening line goes "should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind." (Literally, "auld lang syne' translates from Scots as "old long since", but may be better rendered as "times gone by".)
In this, as in all things, Wikipedia shall be your guide.
Tags use this format: [tag:color]
- tag can be one of: name, level, class, race, sex, pvprank, pvpranknum, guild, guildrank, area, status
- color can be one of: class, level, sex, red, green, blue, gold, black, white, grey. (Color can also be #crrggbb, where rrggbb is a hex color code.
- Text not contained within s will be left as-is.
For example, [name:class] - [guild] would become Foobar - Leet Raiders.