|A to-do list to keep track of tasks you need to do, now rewritten to include more features.|
|Category||Interface Enhancements Addons|
|Credits||Everyone who posted their suggestions on Curse and WoWI :D|
|Embeds||Ace2, Dewdrop-2.0, FuBarPlugin-2.0, Tablet-2.0|
|Betas||Ace SVN Zip|
Checklist2 is an AddOn which allows one to keep track of specific tasks that need to be done. Uses can include wishlists, crafting tasks for your alts, items/quests that party or raid members need in a specific dungeon (coming soon), or anything else that used to require pen and paper.
With the release of 2.4, it has reached release status - core functionality is complete, but nifty extras are still to come. Please report any bugs you may encounter, as 2.4 seems to be causing misery for everyone... Yes I'm talking to you, combat log!
Improvements over Checklist 1.x
Checklist2 is a streamlined, more efficient mod when compared to Checklist 1. Although its memory usage is somewhat higher, it performs actions more quickly in certain areas, and the interface is now more intuitive.
As of now, it has the following features:
- Very large capacity for lists and list items
- Lists are sharable between players
- Accessible through slash commands
- FuBar plugin tooltip shows all incomplete tasks
- Shift-clicking the FuBar plugin checks the topmost unchecked task. Control-clicking unchecks all tasks.
Soon after release, the following features will be added:
- List synchronization within a guild, or group. This should aid the task of keeping track of who needs what. Additionally, everyone (who has the addon) can see the same list.
- A notepad - the classic keep-track-of-stuff tool
- A way to rearrange the order in which lists are displayed
The main reason for the upgrade from the original Checklist to Checklist2 is, first and foremost, efficiency. Checklist was redesigned from the ground up, thus offering much added functionality at around the system resource usage of the original Checklist. Second is added functionality. There were mistakes in the way Checklist 1 was written, and those have been addressed in Checklist2.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please post them at Curse or WoWInterface. Both are linked below and at the infobox to the right.
Checklist2 is currently being translated into German. If you want to help translate into this and other languages, please send me an email. Type "/checklist2 about" to see contact info.
The very, very, very latest version can always be downloaded from http://files.wowace.com/Checklist2/. Updates are committed to the SVN frequently.
Checklist2 is also available at two of the big mod release sites:
Versions from sites other than those listed here are unsupported.