Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|A gnome helper that keeps your wardrobe organized. At least tries to.|
|Credits||AceWardrobe for not being Ace2, Fizzle for the character frame coloring.|
|Embeds||Ace2, FuBarPlugin-2.0, TabletLib, DewdropLib|
|Betas||Ace SVN Zip|
ClosetGnome tries to be small and efficient and does not do any processing outside of when you actually add/delete or switch sets. There are some tradeoffs for this, like you won't have advanced features like what sets you're wearing currently in a list and stuff, it just shows you the set you last equipped in the tooltip.
There's a builtin FuBar plugin, I just happen to use it attached to the minimap, as you can see from the screenshots.
There's no way to modify a set. It's as simple as: 1. equip set, 2. add a new set with the same name, and it will be overwritten.
There is no "autoset" support in ClosetGnome, but there's nothing stopping you from making a 3rd party addon for it. ClosetGnome_BigWigs can be used to equip sets per boss, for example.
When you add a set, the character frame will pop up and all the slots will be green. Clicking a slot will make it red, which means that slot will be *ignored* for that set. If you want a slot to be empty, make sure it's empty when creating the set and keep it enabled (green). Control+Clicking a slot will snatch the icon of the current item there and use as the set icon, which makes the tooltip list a bit nicer.
Equipping a set in combat is obviously not possible, so the set will be queued automatically and switched to when you get out of combat. If the set contains any weapons, the weapons will be switched immediately if that option is on.
You can easily equip a ClosetGnome set in a macro like so:
Other methods that might be useful for macros include
FindItem simply searches your bags for a item, and if it finds it, it returns the bag number and slot number where it is located, and if it does not find anything, it returns -1, so it's safe to use it in a if statement to see if you're currently carrying the required items to equip a set or not.
If you have any requests for more methods for macro use, feel free to suggest them and I'll consider it.
3rd party modules
There are a number of 3rd party modules already available for ClosetGnome, and more to come:
- ClosetGnome_Banker - Adds store/retrieve functionality for your sets at the bank.
- ClosetGnome_BigWigs - Enables autoequipping specified sets for bosses.
- ClosetGnome_Gatherer - Automatically wears your +skill set when gathering materials like herbs.
- ClosetGnome_Keybindings - Assign key bindings to sets (1.12 only).
- ClosetGnome_Mount - Saves you the trouble of equipping the carrot when mounting.
- ClosetGnome_OhNoes - Tries to save your repair costs when you're about to die by unequipping your weapons.
- ClosetGnome_Switcher - Automatically switch sets based on your current form/stance.
- ClosetGnome_Zone - Assign sets to specific zones, like a casual set for Ironforge.
Personally I'd like to see a mod that automatically creates and updates resistance sets for you.