|A FuBar based raid assignment manager.|
|Embeds||Ace2, FuBarPlugin-2.0, DewdropLib, TabletLib, RosterLib, Babble-2.2, Furious-2.1|
|Betas||Ace SVN Zip|
As with FuriousRaid, my guild has been using this addon in one form or another for quite some time. FuriousTask aids in raid duty assignments, such as who is healing whom, who is sheeping what, etc, etc. Again as with FuriousRaid is a FuBar based addon because I absolutely loathe developing UIs.
How is works
FuriousTask is build around the notion of Events and Tasks. An Event is a set of Tasks and a Task is a duty assignment that is composed of Actors, Verbs, and Targets. FuriousTask is not fancy -- Actors, Verbs, and Targets are stored as text. While there is some smarts built into them it is limited. For example the system will identify an actor that is in the raid and color their name appropriately.
To bring up the FuriousTask menu -- right-click on it on your Fubar. You will be presented with the name of the currently selected event, an events sub menu, the tasks in the event with the current task highlighted in green, the actor/verb/target submenus, and the broadcast submenu.
The menu items are:
- Slave Mode: This will place the task list in slave mode. That is, the addon will pickup any broadcasted events and record them so one can peruse them at their lesiure.
- Events submenu: This submenu as for adding and removing events. As well -- it lists all the events in the system at the moment, with the current event highlighted in green. If you wish to make another event the current one, simply click on it.
- Task submenus: These submenus show you what is assigned to the specific task. Actors, verbs, and targets are separated by a blank space. Merely click on an item in the submenu to remove that actor/verb/target from the task.
- Actor/Verb/Target submenus: These submenus list all the predefined items as well as a spot to add your own custom Actor/Verb/Target. For Actors and Targets there is a filter submenu that filters the raid in that list. The Actor filter is set to "none" by default, and the Target filter is set to "tanks" (which is currently synonymous with "Warrior" at the moment) by default. Click on an item in the submenu to assign it to the current task.
- Broadcast Format: This sets the format to braodcast the tasks in. *a represents Actors, *v Verbs, and *t Targets. All other items in the string are left intact.
- Broadcast submenu: Simply click on the channel you wish to broadcast to.
The FuriousTask Fubar tooltip will give you a preview of the broadcast.
- Fix the bugs in the IsAssigned check.
- Make "Tanks" filter currently assigned tanks.
- Add an "Assists" filter that shows currently assigned assists.