|Adds "line of sight" status to Grid (after the error occurs).|
|Version||1.1 (Build $Rev$)|
|Betas||Ace SVN Zip|
This is a alert plugin for Grid, so Grid is required to use this addon. This module catches the "Line of Sight" error event and adds a timed duration alert to Grid for it (after the error occurs), which can be tied to an indicator.
This module is *NOT* going to tell you who is currently out of line of sight. It's only going to provide a configuable duration indicator for who was out of line of sight the last time you tried to cast a spell on them.
What it does
I mainly use it in BGs when I am spamming heals in an area. The indicator, which I have set to stay visible for 8secs, reminds me this person was out of LoS (probably in a tower or bunker) even though they were in range, and I either need to move to find them, or ignore them in heals for a while. I sometimes miss the built in LoS error text message that pops up because I'm focused on my Grid frame, or I get confused about which of the 40 players I had LoS errors on 3 casts ago, and having an indicator pop up in Grid helps.
It's also useful in raids where LoS errors are frequent, like TK and SSC.
I find it useful. Your mileage may vary.
I've been trying to expand its usefulness by adding an alert on the target's Grid frame if the target has one. I think a player might like to know that a healer tried to heal him, but he was out of LoS -- especially if he's a tank. And since it would be configurable he could turn the indicator on or off as he saw fit.
- Download and install: Grid
- Download: GridStatusLineOfSight
- Unzip the file into the Addons folder just like any other mod (do not install it in the Grid folder).
- When in game, right click the Grid icon (it should be located around your mini-map), and go to Status and Frame menus and configure the status and an indicator for it.
- Under the 'Status' menu, select the "Line Of Sight" status, and configure the color, priority, and duration of the status.
- Under the 'Frame' menu, select the indicator to use for the "Line Of Sight" status, and enable the "Line Of Sight" status for that indicator.