At the top of each library (.lua file), you should have the following header:
--[[ Name: <Library Name>-<Version> Revision: $Rev: 256 $ Author(s): <Author1> (<Author1's email address>) <Author2> (<Author2's email address>) <Author3> (<Author3's email address>) Inspired By: <Other Project> by <Other Author> (Other Author's email address) Website: <http://link.to.recent.version/here> Documentation: <http://link.to.documentation/here> SVN: <svn://link.to.svn/project/here> Description: <Short description of your library, what it does, etc.> License: <License of the code> Dependencies: <Dep1>, <Dep2>, <Dep3>, (optional) <Dep4> ]]
- "Inspired By:" part is optional, everything else should be there.
- "Documentation:" should be a direct link to the documentation.
- "Website:" does not necessarily have to be a direct link to the file.
- "SVN:" is optional but recommended.
- "Author(s):", the order does not necessarily matter, just expect the top author to be emailed first.
- "Dependencies:" does include AceLibrary if you use it. If a dependency is optional, the form is (optional) <DepName>. If you have absolutely no dependencies (this includes AceLibrary), write "Dependencies: None".
- "License:" is optional, and if unspecified, then All Rights Reserved is assumed. It is recommended your library is put under Public Domain, MIT, BSD, or LGPL v2.1.
Here is an example for Dewdrop.
--[[ Name: Dewdrop-2.0 Revision: $Rev: 3000 $ Author(s): ckknight (firstname.lastname@example.org) Website: http://ckknight.wowinterface.com/ Documentation: http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/Dewdrop-2.0 SVN: http://svn.wowace.com/root/wowace/DewdropLib Description: A library to provide a clean dropdown menu interface. Dependencies: AceLibrary License: LGPL v2.1 ]]