|A CT_RaidAssist alternative|
|Embeds||Ace2, TabletLib, FuBarPlugin-2.0, DewdropLib, CandyBar, LibSharedMedia-3.0, Waterfall-1.0, WindowLib|
|Betas||Ace SVN Zip|
oRA2 is a lightweight CTRA replacement. It contains everything a raider needs apart from raidframes. It is fully compatible with the messages CTRA sends.
Compared with CT_RaidAssist it has the following Features:
|Decursive System||Yes||No, but check Detox , Decursive|
|RaidFrames||Yes||No, but check sRaidFrames , Grid or PitBull|
|Raidstatus||Yes||No, but check XRS|
|Boss Mod||Yes (CT_Bossmod)||No, but check BigWigs|
|Item check||Yes (complete string match)||Yes (substring match)|
- A mod called ZeroReleaser does this as a stand alone, but only ORA2 is populated throughout the guild. The funtionality is exeptional. Allowing a group leader to force a release, or a logoff, to an <AFK> Character.
- AFK doesn't seem to show a timerlist anywhere i can find. a /ora afk command would be nice to see how long a toon has been afk or offine or dead
- It would be great to have a bar with 8 raid icons. Left click on mark will attempt to mark targeted mob and (main feature) right click on mark will select mob with that mark as your target.
For the first two items, either create a mixin class that we can use for the modules, or just override their OnDisable and do it there:
- Checks (UnregisterCheck/RegisterCheck) should be automatically unregistered when a module disables.
- Shorthands (UnregisterShorthand/RegisterShorthand) should be automatically unregistered when a module disables.
- Fix it so that we can use "Ace2" style function pointers in RegisterShorthand; eg. self:RegisterShorthand("radur", "PerformDurabilityCheck") instead of self:RegisterShorthand("radur", function(item) self:PerformDurabilityCheck() end)
- Create one frame for showing stuff like durability, item, resistance, version, zone, etc checks, instead of creating one frame per check. Could probably go into Core.lua. Make it so that only one check can be active at any time, doesn't really hurt.
- In some way make it possible for subgroups that only have one item to be moved to the top menu instead, like I did for PitBull. The problem is that with oRA2, we have modules in both Participant, Leader and Optional that want to add menu items to the same group, so we don't really "know" (people could be making 3rd party modules) which modules we can do this with - so either get rid of the whole Leader/Participant/Optional thing (which would be a lot of work), or just hardcode it so that some module options are put at the top level of the menu - maybe with a module setting, like "module.topMenu = true". That would probably be easier.
- Get sane PlayerTarget and MainTankTarget modules - the code in these files is hard to read and follow, much of it could probably be made simpler or at least easier to read.